On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Ron Faile <rmfaile@bellsouth.net> wrote:

On 1/27/2011 11:49 PM, Hal Parker wrote:

I was under the impression (which could well be wrong) that the working
files for Writer are now the ones in Alfresco, and the Alfresco files are
not being copied to the wiki (at least not until publication).

If the Writer Guide files on the wiki are indeed not being updated from
the
Alfresco files, it seems to me that we should remove the list of them (or
at
least the links to the files themselves) from the wiki. Or just hide them,
or do something to discourage distressed readers from sending us
corrections
to things we've already dealt with.

I notice that the Documentation/Development page has been amended to refer
to work being done on Alfresco.

Hal

 Hi Hal, all

I disagree. I think the Getting Started guide chapters are well enough
along to be considered almost final for a first release. They just need to
be reviewed by someone before being considered final for 3.3. If we remove
the Writer Guide files, what are the users going to read if they need some
documentation? Especially since 3.3 was just released and many people will
be visiting the site. They need to be able to download something, even if
it's not finished. The wiki is a working space as well, in every area of the
project.

I also thought that the documentation development page for working files
should not have been deleted so quickly. Alfresco is only in it's infantcy
as far as implementation goes. It would have been nice to have kept it until
things are more ironed out.

Just my opinion though.

The Getting Started guide is well enough advanced to have on the docs page
of the wiki, and they are there.

But the Writer Guide chapters on the wiki were out of date. The Docs page on
the main LibO website never did link to anything except the Getting Started
guide.

Hal