On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 14:04 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
Hi, :-)

My 2 cents would be that all "draft/working copies" of files should
disappear from the wiki and go to Alfresco. Then, when we have a
user-ready, finished publication, we'd post a copy on the wiki, for
posting a download link on the wiki documentation page and on the
documentation page of the libreoffice.org website.

(The documentation page of the libreoffice.org website [1] is now
being linked to from the LibreOffice software, when the user doesn't
have Help installed, so it would be great if we can consider that as a
place to be updated with links whenever we publish new content.)

AFAIK, Jean Weber is posting stuff from odfauthors.org on the wiki,
and - IMHO - we should move it over to Alfresco and then zap the link
on the wiki page to that original upload by Jean, to ensure that we
don't have people accessing multiple instances of a file.

I haven't posted anything to the wiki for weeks, and had no plans to add
any more files to the wiki now that Alfresco is the workspace for LibO
docs. I agree with what Hal and you have said about getting rid of the
Writer Guide files on the wiki.

I don't know if Jean will decide to either upload directly to her
account on the Alfresco site, or if she will decide to upload both to
the wiki and Alfresco, or if she considers that the wiki is her
preferred drop point...

Doesn't matter to me, but thanks for bringing this up, because the other
guides (Calc, Draw, Math) are ready for the LibO team to work on. I've
posted previously to this list about them, but I assume everyone is
focused on other things, including the Writer Guide rebranding, at this
time and will get to the other books in due course.

If/when someone from the LibO team decides to tackle the Calc Guide or
any other guides, they can pick up the OOo version from ODFAuthors or
ask me, or Hal, or anyone else with both an ODFAuthors account and an
Alfresco account, to provide copies to the Alfresco site as a start to
rebranding.

Jeremy, perhaps when you have a bit of time, you could make spaces, or
whatever they're called, for the other books, ready to receive the
files.