Le 26/01/11 17:22, Tom Davies a écrit :

Hi Tom,

I think these translations are going to need to be done by more than 1 person!

Yes, more than likely, especially for big documents with many chapters.

I thought there were already teams in place already working with good tools.
Perhaps there is a separate mailing list that people have missed?

Well I don't want us to get confused between the built-in help system
and providing user documentation. As far as I'm concerned, I am talking
about user documentation guides, books, manual, tutorials, etc, pretty
much like what is actually happening here already.

As far as the teams and tools in place are concerned, yes there is a
l10n team, but this is currently more focussed to the online help
content and translating the interface and menus of the applications (as
well as extensions, for example). In addition, the tooling currently
provided or suggested either does not work particularly well with ODF
documents, or is not multiplatform. I don't want to use a tool if it
messes up my output document, e.g. in the styles or formatting, and a
given tool that works on Linux is absolutely no use to me if it doesn't
work on Mac (my platform of preference at the moment). The mention of
l10n is in my understanding a place where all may come and contribute if
they want, and by doing so they can use the Alfresco framework to manage
the storage and versioning of their work. It is not a translation
framework per se (unless there are some hidden functionalities I am
unaware of).

Alex