On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:58:14 +0100
Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurgood@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Since I am currently working on translating the Getting Started with
Base into French, I was wondering how we could organise things on
Alfresco. I could of course always just create a replica set of
folders in my home (I suppose), prefixing or suffixing them with FR,
but that wouldn't make them accessible to everyone would it ?
Any suggestions ?

Alex

Alfresco  enables you to store translated versions of content against
the native language content item, so the relationship is always
maintained. It controls these translations with versioning and other
content services.

Setting it up seems relatively easy, and just becomes a matter of how
we want our directory structure. As it stands, the en-US versions are
located in Company Home/LibreOffice Documentation/catalog/all our books.

Off the cuff, my thoughts are we can modify our structure as:
1) Company Home/LibreOffice Documentation/en-US/all our books
or 2) Company Home/LibreOffice Documentation/l10n/language-COUNTRY/books
where for the first choice all translations (inc. en-US) share
identical structures, and the second choice the translated versions are
grouped in a 'special' spot.

Thoughts?

I would be more than happy to setup a space-tree if someone could
provide a translation of the current space-tree spaces, and some
consensus were reached regarding the tree setup.

After that, it's a matter of exploring the translation features.

-- jdc