Alfresco: workflow development

Hi Samphan, Jeremy :slight_smile:

As I already posted to another thread, the SC has decided to make the
current Alfresco site at https://documentation.traduction.biz a part
of the LibreOffice Web infrastructure, and the site will be put under
a libreoffice.org sub-domain (probably alfresco.libreoffice.org)
within the next week or so.

Therefore, please do feel encouraged to continue your workflow
development, working together if possible. In less than one week, I
will pull back a lot from the libreoffice.org website work, and will
start getting properly up to speed to work along with you on
developing the Alfresco site.

In the meantime, to prevent a lot of confusion among team members
using the Alfresco site, would it be possible to try and work on the
following tasks?

1) Please, could you guys merge your two workflows into one single one?

2) Please, could you try to clean up folders as much as possible? I.e.
remove test documents and stuff, so that only live working files are
there?

3) Please, could we write up a little documentation about the
workflow, so that people can get up to speed with what's been done?

What are your ideas for development from now?

I suggest that we keep all discussion on the list, so that people can
follow what's being done, etc.

Thanks so much for what you've done up to now. I really hope you'll be
happy to continue what you've started, and that we will be able to
work together all three of us. :wink:

David Nelson

1) I propose Samphan's 5 folders
(drafts|review|proofing|proofing|proofing2|published) be trimmed to 4
folders, have their workflow amended to reflect that, and then be moved
to replace the folders in catalog/writer/working. This should merge the
workflows and clean up the folders - aiding greatly in reducing
confusion.

2) I can begin working on documentation to aid in alfresco navigation
and setup.

Samphan, David, * - Thoughts?

-- jdc

Hi Jeremy, :slight_smile:

For my part, jump in and go for it! :wink: I'm busy writing web pages for
the libreoffice.site right now... you can catch me on IRC if you
want...

@Samphan: Thoughts from Samphan?

David Nelson

I appreciate current Jeremy effort. I'll help by double-checking/auditing
the configuration to make sure everything are in place.