2011/1/16 Tom Davies <tomdavies04@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi :)

I agree.

However, we sometimes focus tooo much on  extremely rare and unlikely
situations.  This seems to make non-linux users think that we always have
to use
one of those complicated methods.  I have had an offlist chat with someone
from
here who had a brief try at linux.  He always used the complicated methods
because he never found the gui package managers.

Hmm, i am not sure about expecting documentation to be 100% up-to-date.
Sometimes examples have to be given of specific releases but usually
documentation 'should' make that clear and show which part might need
tweaking
if used on subsequent releases.  Also i don't expect documentation to be
100%
good english.  That is partly because we all use English slightly
differently.
Different towns, different social groups, different professions all use
different vocabulary and different sentence structures.  We aim somewhere
near
perfection and that works well.

Anyway the main point was that your documentation was good and will be
useful.
I enjoyed proof-reading it (unlike some people's writings!) but i think
someone
a bit more technical might need to tidy up the areas you said were
incomplete.
I didn't thoroughly test the process you described but it looked about
right at
a skim through.  I was more interested in quickly sorting grammar, spelling
and
sundry pedantic stuff like that :)  All was good before but is hopefully a
little better now :)

Thanks and regards from
Tom :)

Thanks again :)