On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 13:54:54 +0700
Samphan Raruenrom <samphan@osdev.co.th> wrote:

Hi Samphan, *;

I really like Samphan's workflow solution. The verbiage for the
operations are very much in line with the expectations of the user,
and the usage of groups is first rate. If I could work with you on polishing the out-of-the-box
site to become more intuitive
and user-friendly for the LO docs team I would be much obliged.

There's a redundancy because of the rule I and Jeremy used to enable
versioning which is easy to fix.

Indeed. Would it make sense to have one inheritable versioning rule
applied higher up in the space-tree?

The "only" other thing that I've done is add the group "Documenters"
as "Collaborator" role to the space "LibreOffice Documentation". This
allows anyone in the group to add/edit every files in the
space/subspaces but only allow the owner/admin to delete a file. I
guess this is the right thing to do?

This is huge. Spot-on.

   3. If the file is OK, it is moved to the Proofing2 by choosing
"Submit to Proofing2". This is to mark that the file have been
proofed once. 4. Then a second user goes to the Proofing2 space,
proofs the file. 5. if the user agree it is ready to be published,
s/he choose "Submit to Published" which move the file to Published
space. That means the file has been proofed by two users

My solution also offered a fifth folder to meet the two approver
process. Then Ron pointed out the ability to 'Start Discussion' on
documents. Can that feature be used to facilitate communication on
approval in a programmatic fashion?

I've created a space-tree under 'Company Home'|'LibreOffice
Documentation'|'catalog'. If the community approves this structure,
perhaps we can move your workflow folders to the appropriate space
within that structure?

-- jdc