Call for volunteers to work on the libreoffice.org website content

Hi, :slight_smile:

During Thursday's SC meeting, the SC gave me a license to take charge
of content on the libreoffice.org website for the next couple of
months. In particular, they asked me to work up a website contributors
team to complete the building of the website and to subsequently
maintain it.

I immediately thought of the LibreOffice documentation team, who know
LibreOffice well as a product, and who have excellent copy-writing
skills.

Could we form a team of 3 to 5 people (for instance, but maybe more)
to work on the following tasks:

1) Over the next week to 10 days, I'd like to put finishing touches to
the site content. This includes improving the "Features" section, and
augmenting the "Get Involved" and "About Us" sections. It will also
include a new section on LibreOffice's attractions for home users,
SOHO's, NGO and government users, and corporate adopters. I'll also be
listening out for your suggestions for improvements.

I want to get this part of the work done quite quickly, because of the
upcoming 3.3 release.

2) I'll be liaising with Christian Lohmaier and Christoph Novack to
roll out a News section. This will be an opportunity for the website
contributors to do some regular journalism and news reporting about
and on behalf of the LibreOffice project. This will be done in liaison
with Marketing and the SC. I also have some interesting ideas for
interviews, publicity and marketing for LibreOffice, and it could be
an interesting and enthralling opportunity for some journalistic
writing and for imaginative and creative thinking.

3) There will also be some cyclical maintenance and updating work on
the website, in connection with LibreOffice releases: updating the New
Features page(s), Installation Requirements, etc.

I think this can be interesting work for us, and a great chance to
have fun together and work together. Maintaining the written content
on libreoffice.org is also a natural center of interest for us, as
"custodians of the English language" within the project.

I'd love to hear back from you about this. I'm particularly hoping to
form a team of regular, recurring contributors, but why not also
consider one-off contributions of high-quality work, if some talented
writer feels unable to make an on-going commitment?

We're looking for experienced, knowledgeable people willing to
contribute properly-finished, good work. I'll be leading this and,
although I will obviously be very attentive to your comments and
ideas, I will be pushing forward decisions if discussions look like
getting bogged down and slowing progress towards expeditious
completion. I'm very keen to see our goals getting completed within
reasonable times.

Can the project get your expert help?

David Nelson