Hi Rogerio, :-)

Today, I looked at your work on the Linux install instructions, in
view of using your version to replace the existing instructions on the
libreoffice.org site.

In the end, I put your version on hold because the work is not yet
*entirely* finished: the English needs proofreading for grammar,
punctuation and spelling. Also, you mentioned that the instructions
need validating with regard to the Mandriva (and certain other)
distributions.

The existing instructions are indeed more verbose, but they have been
validated in detail by various people (including by a couple of the
devs), plus they have been proofread language-wise.

If someone has time to do a thorough proofreading and technical
validation on Rogerio's work, I'll be happy to post it on
libreoffice.org.

At the moment, I don't have time. But if no-one has picked up the task
by the time my schedule is easier then I'll surely re-visit. I still
have this thread bookmarked.

Thanks for the work you've put in so far, Rogerio. I hope you
understand the POV and don't feel too mad with me...