Hi, :-)

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 01:50, Jeremy Cartwright <vardomescro@gmail.com> wrote:
That is correct. The extra folder was my solution to ensure TWO
approval steps were necessary as per
... Once the file has been proofed by two users,
then it will be moved to the Published folder.
So, one approval gets the document into 'publish', and the
second approval moves it into 'test FIN'.

Of course, we can rely on communication to achieve the same results
with the original 4 folders, or there is quite possibly a way to do it
programmatically which wasn't immediately evident.

OK, well I heard back from Samphan today saying he's happy to help us
carry things forward to a finished state quickly. I guess we need to
hear from him what his ideas are in relation to what Jeremy's already
been doing, and what he would do additionally or differently.

In case he didn't read here on the list, I'll be telling him that our
best knowledge holder as regards the docs team's workflow, and our
prime liaison person is Ron Faile and - obviously - Jeremy Cartwright
in respect of the configuration work he's already been doing.

In any case, IMHO, what you've been setting up, Jeremy, is already
starting to look good. A big thanks for your time and effort on this.

Plus the other major things we want are the versioning management and
the rollback capability.

Jeremy was telling me about some memory problems he's been running
into, so I'll get the memory upgraded. Alfresco wants a minimum of 512
Mb. The server is currently running on 768 Mb, and I'll upgrade it to
1 Gb tomorrow.