Hi

Computer geeks are famously bad at dealing with people.  Often you have to
choose between getting someone good at the work or getting someone that can be
friendly about it.  So far we have been mostly lucky in getting people that are
capable of both.

That is not to excuse rudeness as everyone 'should' try to be at least
reasonable and there is no reason we should tolerate any rudeness.  Often rude
people are unwittingly selfish, self-centred or just really inconsiderate of
other people due to being focused on their area of expertise.  They are to be
pitied for their lack of awareness and lack of ability rather than condemned for
it.  Guiding them might sometimes help but really we just have to choose to deal
with people like that or miss out on the good stuff they can contribute.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)