On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM, David Nelson <commerce@traduction.biz>wrote:

Hi Larry, :-)

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:24, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com>
wrote:
I get real tired, smiley or no smiley of being told to do it myself when
making suggestions to open source projects.

People who work on Open Source projects sometimes get tired of being
told how to do their work by people who aren't willing to contribute
work. After all, you're not paying us, right? So, if you don't like
something, start *doing* something about it. ;-)

David, I think your comment to Larry in this note was inappropriate and
uncalled for. Pointing out errors is not, in my view, telling someone how to
do their work. Nor is suggestions on how things could be done better.

I'm with Jean: I appreciate it anytime someone points out something that I
didn't know, but which is info that I can use to improve something I'm
working on. While it would, of course, be nice for everyone who sees a
problem to help solve that problem, I don't expect or require that of
anyone. I am just grateful to be made aware of the problem. Unless, of
course, someone makes me aware in an argumentative way... which Larry did
not do.

Hal