Hi Jeremy, :-)

Thanks for your work on this. I've been taking a look. I checked out
two documents (Introducing Writer), made minor edits to them, and then
checked-in (and so uploaded) new versions of them.

One of them had been in the drafts "folder". I approved the checked-in
version and it moved to the feedback "folder". The other one was
already in the publish folder and, when I approved it, it then moved
to the "test FIN" folder. I could see that Ron Faile has also been
working on a document there.

I can see that this is a big, big step forward in relation to our
current wiki-based workflow. Plus we have not yet started using the
versioning available within Alfresco. There are a lot of other
features that would be very valuable to the docs work process, too:
the discussion feature, and the advanced workflow features. We have
but scratched the surface.

@Jeremy: It would be great if you could make sure that this is visible
to everyone.

@Ron: What do you think about this, Ron?

@Samphan: What do you think about this, Samphan? Is this in line with
what you envision? Where do we go from here?

@All: It would be great if all you guys can jump in and do test edits
on the docs in that space. Remember that these are *not* as yet true
working copies that we'll be publishing for our users. They are just
test versions as "dummy content" for Alfresco testing. So don't feel
afraid to experiment and learn with them. (If they are still in usable
condition when we have finished testing, then we will use them as
drafts when we subsequently get to launch an operational workflow for
live work.)

Great work, Jeremy. ;-) I'm still busy on the libreoffice.org site,
but I will take time out to start properly RTFM in just a couple of
days now.

I'm getting excited about Alfresco. This really could be the tool we need.

David Nelson