On 1/12/2011 4:32 AM, Sophie Gautier wrote:
Hi Barbara,
On 12/01/2011 01:42, Barbara Duprey wrote:
[...]

OK, thanks. Sounds as if we should change that as we go. And we also
seem agreed on "dialog" rather than "dialog box" -- right?

That is what is used in the help files.

- For contextual menu/context menu: Contextual menu doesn't exist in
the help file. Context menu is the one that is used.

Interesting -- the translation material seems to go the other way.

If you speak about French translation in the glossary, I usually work with Gnome, Mozilla, Debian and KDE groups, so there is sometime an harmonization between their usage and mine. Gnome/KDE and OOo have put a shared glossary on line grouping all the words we use for the French products.

I was talking about the file you pointed to, and what I saw in the Calc version. The term "context menu" is not there, but "contextual menu" is. (Only looked at the English column.)

 How
about "context menu" vs "pop-up menu" or "pop-up window menu" or "pop-up
window" or the other variants on that, with and without the hyphen?

pop-up menu: used twice
helpcontent2-fr/smath/01.po:"choices from this pop-up menu to access the <link "
helpcontent2-fr/shared/04.po:msgid "Opens the list of the control field currently selected in a dialog. These shortcut keys apply not only to combo boxes but also to icon buttons with pop-up menus. Close an opened list by pressing the Escape key."

pop-up window menu: not used
pop-up window: not used
the variant of the three without the hyphen is not used.

Kind regards
Sophie

OK, it seems that "context menu" is the preferred choice. Thanks!