Despite a couple of people prefering "dialog-box" i think we have agreed that
"dialog" is better for us because it is easier to make all documentation and
help consistent if we use "dialog".

The problem with pop-ups is that there really are so many different kinds and
they do sometimes need to be distinguished between.

I have never heard the terms "pop-up menu" or "pop-up window menu" and they
sound like things that could appear anywhere and usually done with a normal
mouse click (left button usually).  The only things i have ever seen that could
be referred to in those terms are really called a "drop-down" or a "drop-down
list".  Its possible that some people use "drop-down menu" but again i haven't
heard it.

Although it sounds mad I think it's important to have terms that we don't use in
the glossary so that people can find out what the correct term is.  In this case
the correct term is "drop-down" or "drop-down list".

While a "drop-down list" appears when people use the left-click - the "context
menu" (or the older and grammatically incorrect "contextual menu") appears with
a right-click.

Since the action to get the menus/lists are quite different the distinction
between the names is quite important.  Also many people are being taught about
computers to quite a high level without ever learning that a right-click menu
exists!

People get amazingly distressed about not knowing when to use a single-click and
when to use a double-click and i have even heard someone bitterly ranting about
a triple-click (for selecting a whole paragraph) as though it makes computers
impossibly difficult to understand and far beyond the capabilities of anyone.

Being VERY clear about which button to click by simply using the correct term in
the correct place is very important to such hopeless people.

@ Sophie.  Grep is great but i don't see how you can use it for words or terms
we don't know!  But you do seem to be excellent at doing things most people
would find impossible (such as knowing about, finding and recovering the
SunGloss stuff)