On 1/11/2011 3:40 AM, Hal Parker wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Barbara Duprey<Barb@onr.com>  wrote:

On 1/10/2011 6:34 PM, Hal Parker wrote:

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Barbara Duprey<Barb@onr.com>   wrote:

  Is some part of the process going to make active hyperlinks to other
chapters, and into a glossary? (I noticed an apparent link for "heading"
in
Chapter 9 of the Writer Guide, for example). Or should we be doing that
somehow?

  Not at this time. Having those work for the user depends on conditions
we
can't control, like whether they are connected to the Internet. Also they
are messy to set up until all the files are in place and relatively
stable.
Even doing them on a wiki is much too fiddly and time-consuming IMO. All
of
this could change later, of course.

If there is an apparent link in a file, it's not intentional and should
not
be there.

Hal

My "apparent links" turned out to be index entries! Figured it out after
looking at the to-do list for the rebranding, I haven't worked with these
before. Not quite sure why some of them have selected text and others just
an indicator that an entry exists, was happy to see the forward/back from
the editing dialog.

If the selected text becomes the index entry, the text retains a gray
background. If text is selected but then changed in some way for use in the
index entry (for example, to change an upper case letter to lower case),
then the index entry is marked by a small indicator. One can also add index
entries without selecting anything first; in this case, again the entry is
marked by a small indicator.

Hal
Thanks for the explanation, Hal!