While i prefer "dialog box" i still think "dialog" is far better than "window".
"Window" is tooo generic and could be talking about almost anything on the
screen, or the screen itself or famously from a support-line-story even
off-screen.

The story was a user phoned tech-support and had trouble with everything they
said.  They finally said "and now just open the window" which resulted in
silence from his end, some footsteps and then bird-song.

Also with something too generic (such as windows) there is a danger of
contravening copyright or even just totally confusing people if the word is used
at the beginning of a sentence.

I'm happy with "dialog", it's close enough to what i prefer and specific enough
to mean something.

I guess i might be interested in something like that working group but i tend to
prefer just standing on the side-lines and complaining about everything!