On 1/10/2011 3:18 AM, Samphan Raruenrom wrote:
I can setup the review/approve workflow for the spaces. Someone need to
decide the number of steps in the workflow and name each space/folder. I
also suggest configuring auto-versioning for all spaces so everyone can get
back older revisions.

Samphan,

Here is the workflow that I've come up with. It's basically what we are doing now on the wiki.

Folders: Drafts, Review, Proofing, Published

Step 1.

A user uploads a new file to the Drafts folder. Someone checks out the file from the Drafts folder to begin editing. The file stays in the Drafts folder and is marked that it is checked out and to show which user is working on it. If possible, prevent other users from editing the file while it is checked out.

Step 2.

The user downloads the file, makes changes and then uploads the file to Alfresco and checks the file back in. The user is then offered the option to either leave the file in the Drafts folder if the file needs further editing or if editing is complete, move the file to the next step in the process, the Review folder.

Step 3.

Another user goes to the Review folder and checks out the file, downloads it and reviews it. If the file was revised, it would be moved back to the Drafts folder and the document is checked back in. If it was ok and ready to proceed to proofing, the file is moved to the Proofing folder and the file is checked in.

Step 4.

A user goes to the Proofing folder, downloads the file and proofs it. If the file needs more work, it is moved back to the Drafts folder. If they agree it is ready for publishing, they go to the Proofing folder and mark that the file is ok. The file is marked as having been proofed once. Then a second user proofs the file and if they agree it is ready to be published, they mark that they have proofed the file and it is ok. Once the file has been proofed by two users, then it will be moved to the Published folder.

I agree about turning on auto-versioning. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Ron