As i understand it a "pop-up" is a very generic term and could mean almost
anything that appears.  I have even heard a drop-down referred to as a pop-up!

"Context menu" might be a little geeky for people initially but tends to make
sense because of the rest of the sentence it is in, ie "When you right-click
anywhere a context menu pops-up"  Taa Dahhh [bows] :)