I don't mind getting things in non-ODT formats.  I use OpenOffice or LibreOffice
so i can read almost any format and really don't even notice which formats
things are in unless i need to communicate with outsiders.

Since i am on linux i doubt any infections in ".doc" or ".docX" could do any
harm on my system so again, no worries :)

Wow, i feel so smug about being in good company here & yes i am running an
anti-virus check jic lol