On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 20:39:54 +1000
Hal Parker <halparker42@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Jeremy Cartwright
<vardomescro@gmail.com>wrote:

Perhaps create 4 spaces per guide - Drafts, Feedback,
Proofing and Publish - with the documents being shuffled about
between those spaces as they progress?

... I like the idea of multiple spaces per guide...

Ok, still thinking aloud here. If that's the case, with the documents
being stored in one of 4 spaces to keep track of work flow, the 'Content
Items' will then be empty.

Perhaps we could place a core set of documents in that 'Content Items'
for every guide we produce. The Workflow.png flowchart, a document
which details our workflow (certainly a working document at this stage
of the game - less so as it gets dialed in), A document which details
information about the project such as 1) Who is primary stakeholder, 2)
Goal of completion, 3) etc... and perhaps another document which gives
a list of links to further help such as to the Power User's guide,
maybe the irc.freenode.net address...

I'm sure the primary producers of documentation so far have a better
idea than I of what would be handy to have instant access to,
consolidated in one space, for every work space they could be involved
in. The idea is to 1) Make it obvious and easy to someone just joining
how they can be of use, and 2) Once the user is underway, keep them
from clicking all about looking for different pieces of a puzzle.

And if I'm on the right track here, I wonder when would be a good time
to rework http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development
to 1) remove our current workflow and matrix, and 2) briefly explain how
we use Alfresco, add a link to the site and a request for the user to
get in touch with Hal or other to get a sign-in setup.

-- jdc