On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Jeremy Cartwright <vardomescro@gmail.com>wrote:

 My question now is, even though there was no true folder system like
 that which Jean detailed on the documentfoundation website, there was a
 matrix that helped us (me? haha) envision a proper workflow.

 Would that be something for which the 'Spaces' area could be utilized?
 Perhaps create 4 spaces per guide - Drafts, Feedback, Proofing and
 Publish - with the documents being shuffled about between those spaces
 as they progress?

 Just thinking aloud here, but if so would that mean we would 1)
 download the doc, 2) perform our task, 3) upload the doc and then 4)
 move the doc to the new 'Space'?

That's more or less what the example (tutorial?) in the "Getting Started
with Explorer Document Management for Alfresco" guide suggests, although the
tutorial also talks about creating workflow "rules". I haven't quite got my
head around the concept of "rules" and what they are supposed to be used
for.

I like the idea of multiple spaces per guide, because that helps me keep
track of things, and it probably won't break anything to set them up. We
should be able to just move docs manually... at least at this point.

Hal