On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Barbara Duprey <Barb@onr.com> wrote:

It's pretty much up to you to decide how, what and where you want to
contribute. You're welcome to give me a buzz if I can be of any help
to you. ;-)

David Nelson

I guess I'll start by looking at what is on the wiki to-do list from your
earlier post (and installing LibO, of course). And feel free to point me in
any direction you'd like.

Barbara,
Ron Faile has been taking the lead on the user guides, and I've been
contributing a bit, along with at least one other person. The Getting
Started book is pretty much done (except for making corrections and filling
in a few blanks as we learn the answers), so IMO the next step is to work on
the Writer Guide.

What we are doing is rebranding the OOo Writer Guide chapters and adapting
them to LibO: adding info on features that are in LibO but not OOo, deleting
or revising references to older versions of OOo, changing screenshots as
necessary, that sort of thing. Major revisions are being deferred until
later; at this point we just want to get books ready as quickly as possible.

Ron has done the first step (applying the LibO template) and possibly the
second (changing refs from OOo to LibO). Now we all need to pick chapters
and do more detailed work. You'll find links to the files in the lower part
of the table on this page,
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development and below that,
the template. The workflow description at the top --at least the bits about
putting things into different folders-- does not correspond to the way we're
doing things at the moment; we're just replacing the files with updated
ones. All the old files stay on the wiki and can be recovered at any time.

So basically what you do is: pick a chapter, put your name in the checkout
column so others know the file is being worked on, do whatever is necessary
(with change tracking on), put the file back, change the feedback column to
BACK (so Ron knows it's ready for him to check), and remove your name from
the checkout column. If you're not sure how to replace a file on the wiki,
just ask. I hope I described that process correctly; if not, I'm sure David
or Ron will correct me.

Hal