On 1/4/2011 4:21 PM, David Nelson wrote:
Hi Barbara, :-)

Well, that's quite a resume you have, and you'd certainly be a
valuable asset for the docs team.

Thanks!

At the present time, there's not yet a great deal of hard organization
within the LibreOffice documentation project. This is something that
will hopefully change. I'm about the closest thing there is to a docs
team lead at present, batting for LibO.

I'm interested in working up an internal flow and organization for
LibO documentation, and I recently set up an Alfresco server for that
at https://documentation.traduction.biz. There are currently about 8
docs team members with accounts there. If you're interested, let me
know and I'll give you an account there, too.

If you think I'd be useful there, count me in! Along the way, I've also done quite a lot of process work (process documentation, coordinating departmental processes, doing evaluations relative to the Capability Maturity Model, etc.) and if that's applicable at all (given the fact that I really know very little about the existing process!) I'd be glad to help.

There's not much happening on Alfresco yet. This is certainly because
it's new and I haven't had time to lead the way and start a tangible
work project there yet. I'm busy with other work until the 10th, so it
will happen shortly after that.

After that, it depends on whether docs contributors start taking it up
as a tool. If they do, then either that Alfresco system will get
integrated into the TDF Web infrastructure, or another Alfresco will
be set up and there will be a migration of workflow and data.

Jean has been posting about oooauthors/odfauthors.

It's pretty much up to you to decide how, what and where you want to
contribute. You're welcome to give me a buzz if I can be of any help
to you. ;-)

David Nelson

I guess I'll start by looking at what is on the wiki to-do list from your earlier post (and installing LibO, of course). And feel free to point me in any direction you'd like.