Printed copy of Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3

Friends of OpenDocument, Inc is delighted to announce the publication of
the printed edition of "Getting Started with LibreOffice 3.3", which is
now available from Lulu.com through this link:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/getting-started-with-libreoffice-33/14423050

All profits from the sale of this book will go to The Document
Foundation.

Huge thanks to Hal Parker for doing the work of compiling the book ready
for publication.

The interior PDF of this book can be replaced with a new one whenever
the book itself is revised. Similarly, the cover artwork can be replaced
if/when someone creates a better design.

David or someone who is on one of the other lists (Marketing, perhaps?)
might like to pass this info on.

--Jean

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

David or someone who is on one of the other lists (Marketing, perhaps?)
might like to pass this info on.

As a Friends of OpenDocument person, maybe it's better for you to do
it yourself, Jean. :wink:
You guys did the work. Well done, by the way, Maybe try the [tdf-discuss] list?

David Nelson

I'm not any of the other lists, or I would have made an announcement
there. I would appreciate it if someone would forward my note to the
relevant list(s). I suppose I could send to those lists and let the
moderators deal with it...

--Jean

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

You used to be on the discussions list... did you unsubscribe? :wink:

David Nelson

Yes.

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

Well, IMHO, maybe you should subscribe again? Since you are doing work
with LibO, it would seem to make sense to keep your finger on the
pulse of things, and be able to represent Friends of ODF? The SC were
very interested in the documentation publication offer when I
mentioned it to them. You should definitely follow up on it (and it
should logically be *you* that does it).

David Nelson

Jean, it is done as you wished.

Andy

Thanks, Andy. Much appreciated. If you think it should go to users or
discuss as well, please feel free to send it there too.

--Jean

David,
I don't know why you're making such a BFD out of a simple request, and
wasting your time and mine and everyone else's on this list. You're
entitled to your opinion, but you're not going to change my priorities
by nagging me about them. So please give it a rest.

I don't have the time to read, or even skim, the other lists -- at least
not if I want to actually get anything done. And quite honestly, I'm not
in the least interested in "keeping my finger on the pulse of things" at
TDF. I don't even do very much of that at OOo, where I have more of a
vested interest.

I'm sure that if something comes up at TDF that needs input from FoOD,
then one of FoOD's members who does subscribe to other lists will bring
it to my attention.

--Jean

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

Chill out. :wink: It was just a suggestion. :wink:

David Nelson

No problem. I sent copies to the Marketing and Discuss but will send to Users as well.

Andy

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

In any case, I don't really understand what prompted you to respond in
such a harsh and impolite manner, but I do think that you should try
to maintain a certain level of courtesy and friendliness in what you
post, please.

Otherwise I will have the list moderator remove you from the list..... ROFL...

David Nelson

Thanks Jean. Others and myself from the marketing team are lurking on the list. Thanks to the Friends of OpenDocument for doing this.

Cheers

Marc