online registration menu element -> 404

Hi,

If someone enables online registration menu element, and click on it
gets a pege with 404 error. The address is:
http://survey.libreoffice.org/user/index.php
please put a redirector here, or we should change the link in LibO.

Regards,
KAMI

Hi Kami,

If someone enables online registration menu element, and click on it
gets a pege with 404 error. The address is:
http://survey.libreoffice.org/user/index.php
please put a redirector here, or we should change the link in LibO.

Somebody has fixed that (thank you!), now it redirects to
www.libreoffice.org.

But how exactly do you mean it with enabling the online registration
menu - by an user action, or during the build? I'd say the best thing
would be to get rid of that completely, and remove all the related
code...

Regards,
Kendy

Hi Bernhard,

But there already has been a thread on the marketing list (IIRC) asking
for an improved user feedback in future - probably quite helpful for
marketing and UX. If such a feature can be based on the present code, I
don't know if it is reasonable to remove it completely.

Redirecting to a webpage is a few lines of code, nothing that cannot be
revived quickly should the need be :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kendy

Hi Kendy, all

Jan Holesovsky schrieb:

[...]

But how exactly do you mean it with enabling the online registration
menu - by an user action, or during the build? I'd say the best thing
would be to get rid of that completely, and remove all the related
code...

I don't know how much code will have to be touched to completely get rid of that feature.

But there already has been a thread on the marketing list (IIRC) asking for an improved user feedback in future - probably quite helpful for marketing and UX. If such a feature can be based on the present code, I don't know if it is reasonable to remove it completely.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Every information sent from the user to any external instance will have to be approved by the user - nobody on our lists expressed an opinion towards "calling home" silently.