Readme - sys requirements missing for windows and mac

Hi David,

It will be too late for 3.3, but could it be possible at least to add the sys requirements for Mac and Windows on the website readme page and keep it for the next .sdf file?
For Mac:
MacOSX 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
Intel processor
512 MB RAM
Up to 1.5 GB available hard disk space
1024 x 768 graphic device with 256 colors (higher resolution recommended)

For Windows:
Microsoft Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or higher), XP, Vista, or Windows 7
Pentium compatible PC (Pentium III or Athlon recommended)
256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
Up to 1.5 GB available hard disk space --> maybe it's more, I don't know
1024x768 resolution (higher resolution recommended), at least 256 colors
Please be aware that administrator rights are needed for the installation process

Also, are we sure that:
If you perform an administrative installation using setup /a, you need to make sure that the file msvc90.dll is installed on the system. This file is required for ${PRODUCTNAME} to start after an administrative installation. You can get the file from <a href=\"http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF\">http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B2DA534-3E03-4391-8A4D-074B9F2BC1BF</a>
Is not needed anymore? because I met this issue with the first version of LibO.

Also this has been removed but I believe it should be noted somewhere because that will brake the extensions database for the users who want to downgrade to a OOo 3.2 version :
The Berkeley database engine has been upgraded in this version of
${PRODUCTNAME}. The database engine upgrade introduces an incompatibility with user data for installed extensions for ${PRODUCTNAME} versions prior to 3.2 that may require your action if you downgrade your version of ${PRODUCTNAME}.
This version of ${PRODUCTNAME} will convert your extension database to the new Berkeley database format when extensions are installed or removed. After this conversion, the database can no longer be read by earlier versions of ${PRODUCTNAME}. Downgrading to an earlier version may result in a dysfunctional installation.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Sophie

Hi, :slight_smile:

I bookmarked your message. i will deal with it ASAP and post back when
done. Thanks for the heads-up.

David Nelson

Hi Nino,

It will be too late for 3.3, but could it be possible at least to add
the sys requirements for Mac and Windows on the website readme page
and keep it for the next .sdf file?

Sophie, all,

where does one know the exact sys requirements from?
Who does define them at what time?

Guess what? I was lazy enough to take them from our OOo3.3 .po files :wink: it was usually defined by Martin Hollmichel for each version just after features freeze and in time for our last translation handoff.

Now we should take care of the version that will be uploaded on the documentation wiki. I'm working on a checklist for coordinating dates and tasks as we had for OOo, it will be easier to track all this for the next time.

Kind regards
Sophie

Sophie, all,

where does one know the exact sys requirements from?
Who does define them at what time?

Thanks,
Nino

Guess what? I was lazy enough to take them from our OOo3.3 .po files
:wink:

ok, thanks for the reply.

I was just wondering where they do appear first :slight_smile:

it was usually defined by Martin Hollmichel for each version just
after features freeze and in time for our last translation handoff.

Now we should take care of the version that will be uploaded on the
documentation wiki.

(And also how far we can go with "back compatibility")

I'm working on a checklist for coordinating dates
and tasks as we had for OOo, it will be easier to track all this for
the next time.

Nice :slight_smile:

Regards,
Nino
(PS: I unfortunately hit the wrong button, so my original mail will
hopefully appear in the list in a couple of time units)

Also available for older Macs with a PowerPC processor.

Copying from the OOo requirements just repeats their errors.

Hi Larry,

For Mac:
MacOSX 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
Intel processor

Also available for older Macs with a PowerPC processor.

Copying from the OOo requirements just repeats their errors.

But it's open to anybody so you can correct this error , thanks for doing it :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, :slight_smile:

Please check:

- http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/

and

- http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/system-requirements/

and tell me if it says what you want.... TIA :wink:

David Nelson