Documentation workflow (via website) requirements

I have lost track of where docs project people are supposed to
contribute to a list of requirements (including workflow and tracking)
for developing LibO user docs through the website... or, indeed, if such
a page even exists. I couldn't find it in a search of the wiki, although
I did find the OOoAuthors workflow diagram that Nino posted and some
general requirements on the Evaluation of CMS Platforms page.

Can someone point me to the right place for documentation requirements?
Thanks.

--Jean

Hi Jean, :slight_smile:

I have lost track of where docs project people are supposed to
contribute to a list of requirements (including workflow and tracking)
for developing LibO user docs through the website... or, indeed, if such
a page even exists. I couldn't find it in a search of the wiki, although
I did find the OOoAuthors workflow diagram that Nino posted and some
general requirements on the Evaluation of CMS Platforms page.

Can someone point me to the right place for documentation requirements?
Thanks.

Maybe put it here (as a sub-page - then insert a link here?):

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Produce

When I finish with the website work, I'll get back to this and
reorganize if necessary, if that's OK with you?

David Nelson

That page still stated that work is being done through the OOoAuthors
website, which was true when I wrote it but no longer. I have now
amended that section to point people to the Teamwork page.

I added my workflow comments to that page. You are welcome to move them
to a separate page if you wish, for easier discussion.

I don't recall where the results of the 27 Nov conference call ended up,
or I would have updated the bit at the bottom of the page while I was at
it.

--Jean

Hi all,

Alex,
The website team is still in the stages of setting up the workflow as
discussed with Jean earlier last month via the Drupal implementation.
There has been talk of utilising a third party tool such as Alfresco,
but as I understand it there is little that Alfresco can do to
synchronise / manage updates of documents across languages.

I have bookmarked your email regarding the requirements for
international documentation, and I will add it to the growing list of
requirements for the documentation development and revision work flow.
These are clearly infrastructure demanding requirements, and we will
be investigating ways to meet these requirements, unfortunately I
can't give you any straight answers at the moment as we require some
time to digest and discuss how these could be implemented within
Drupal.

To be clear, there has not been any decision to use Drupal as the
primary documentation development tool, but once we have established
the work flow and determined a way to coordinate this across languages
we will be putting the system up for the assessment of the
documentation and localisation/native language teams.

Thank you for the very clear and concise summary of some of the
ideals. Personally I would love to see a system which does not favour
any language, and developments in any language can be propagated
through the documentation of all languages for the benefit of the
entire community.

If you or anyone you know have any other ideas on the workflow or
internationalisation of the LibreOffice documentation I would love to
listen and learn while we progress with the Drupal development.

Thanks,
Michael Wheatland