proofread read me file

Hi,

I've downloaded and edited the readme file, that David expanded first.
I did record my changes, so that anyone, who wants to check my work
can do so easily. :slight_smile:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/17/Readme-for-libreoffice-beta3-linux.odt

It would be great, if someone, who is not a Linux-"geek" could try to
follow those instructions and give feedback.

Thanks.

Sigrid

Hi Sigrid, :slight_smile:

Hi,

I've downloaded and edited the readme file, that David expanded first.
I did record my changes, so that anyone, who wants to check my work
can do so easily. :slight_smile:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/1/17/Readme-for-libreoffice-beta3-linux.odt

It would be great, if someone, who is not a Linux-"geek" could try to
follow those instructions and give feedback.

Thanks so much for the proofreading. Unfortunately, I did not see your
changes - did you have both Edit/Changes/Record *and*
Edit/Changes/View activated? So, unfortunately, I've used the previous
version until I can be sure what was changed. So sorry about this...
:frowning:

Sigrid, when you make edits to wiki pages, could you please add your
editing comments in English, so that we can all understand?

Plus I'm also correcting a couple of minor errors I made in directory
names... So I'll be uploading another version shortly.

Could you give me an idea of what you edited, or upload another
version in which the changes are really visible?

Also, I've tested again all my instructions, and noted that my
instructions for installing a language pack DO NOT work. Can anyone
tell me what you actually have to do to successfully install a lang
pack.

David Nelson

David, you can turn View Changes on at your end, whether or not it
Sigrid had it activated. Or are you saying you did that, but can't see
her changes even then?

--Jean

Hi, :slight_smile:

David, you can turn View Changes on at your end, whether or not it
Sigrid had it activated. Or are you saying you did that, but can't see
her changes even then?

Exactly so... I can't see her changes even then... :frowning:

David Nelson

Sounds like a bug! You should be able to do that. --Jean

Hi,

I've sent my file directly to David - he should have it by now. :slight_smile:

Hi, :slight_smile:

> David, you can turn View Changes on at your end, whether or not it
> Sigrid had it activated. Or are you saying you did that, but can't see
> her changes even then?

Exactly so... I can't see her changes even then... :frowning:

That's weird. I had both things activated.

What I did was this:
I saved the file under a new name - to not overwrite the file from David. On
the wiki, I clicked on "Upload a new version of this file" and chose my
file. Maybe something went wrong here, because the file did not have the
same name? At least, that's my guess.

Can anyone else comment on this? Should I have kept the old name?
Thanks for further comments.

Sigrid

I just downloaded your file from the website and opened it in LO-B3. I
can see the marked changes just fine.

--Jean

Hi, :slight_smile:

I just downloaded your file from the website and opened it in LO-B3. I
can see the marked changes just fine.

I've sent my file directly to David - he should have it by now. :slight_smile:

Sigrid sent it to me directly, I have the changes visible now. I'm
working on some additional corrections at this moment.

My instructions for installing a language pack do not work... Can
anyone put me right about that?

David Nelson

Hi David,

Hi, :slight_smile:

> I just downloaded your file from the website and opened it in LO-B3. I
> can see the marked changes just fine.

>> I've sent my file directly to David - he should have it by now. :slight_smile:

Sigrid sent it to me directly, I have the changes visible now. I'm
working on some additional corrections at this moment.

My instructions for installing a language pack do not work... Can
anyone put me right about that?

I am surprised. Your instructions for installing the languagepack were the
same as for installing the software. What might be, is that you have to
change the UI setting. I think I mentioned this in my edit of the readme as
well. Go to Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages. You can choose
a language for the UI, the default locale setting (affects the decimal
separator and the default currency).

If I remember correctly, I had to change these settings after installing the
german language pack, so for me it wasn't done automatically.

Sigrid

Hi, :slight_smile:

Yes, I checked again and my instructions work. But you have to change
the settings in Tools/Options/Language Settings/Languages, and it
seems you have to log out before you can see the new language....

Back to my corrections...

David Nelson