Writer guide in French

Hi all,

Just for information, I'm going to port to LibreOffice the OOoAuthor Writer guide I've translated in the OOoWiki.

One thing I'm not sure is how a Google search will appear if we follow the multilingual links? That was the reason why I translated the page name in the OOowiki, because Google fails to present the French translation. Have you any idea or advice about it?

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi Sophie, :slight_smile:

This is OT to your question, but since you're porting this guide,
which of these two options seems most rational to you for an English
version?

1) Translate your French LibO writer's guide into English.

2) Port the existing English-language OOo-version to LibO.

David Nelson

Most of the chapters of the OOo Writer Guide in English have been
updated to V3.3 and partially ported to LibO already. Others are in
progress.

--Jean

Hi David,

Hi Sophie, :slight_smile:

This is OT to your question, but since you're porting this guide,
which of these two options seems most rational to you for an English
version?

1) Translate your French LibO writer's guide into English.

The source is already in English, I've translated the Writer and Impress Guide in French for OOo and will port them to LibO, see :
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/FR/Documentation/Writer_Guide for example.

2) Port the existing English-language OOo-version to LibO.

This is a work in progress from what I know, so the existing work in French will be updated with the work currently done for LibO in English.

Kind regards
Sophie

Hi, :slight_smile:

OK, thanks, ladies. I've been focussed on marketing ideas recently,
but I'm going to make docs my main area of interest again.

David Nelson