Installation instructions?

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there are any official installation instructions for any operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). I'm working on the docs for tech writers, and I would like to provide them with a link to the instructions if they need help with installing. I checked the official user guide drafts, but the links there haven't been updated from Open Office. I do have a procedure from the Ubuntu forums for installation, but I would rather provide official instructions if possible.

Daniel Friedman

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there are any official installation instructions for any operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). I'm working on the docs for tech writers, and I would like to provide them with a link to the instructions if they need help with installing.

Hi Daniel,

Feel free to use / adapt the installation instructions I have written for OpenOffice.org, if you need some documentation fairly quickly.

http://www.gabrielgurley.com/resources/documentation/officeproductivity/OOo3_overview.html

I am working my way toward developing some installation instructions specifically for LibreOffice, but haven't made it that far yet.

- Gabriel

Thanks Gabriel,
I wasn't actually planning to provide full installation instructions (as that would eat into our page limit) but instead point the user towards the official ones. Since they don't seem to exist I'm providing linux users with some links to unofficial instructions and advising users to message the user support list if they have problems with installation. That's not ideal, does anyone have any better ideas?

Daniel

The fastest way to produce some installation instructions is to adapt
the OOo Install Guide, but that's unlikely to get done in time for the
completion of your student project. Perhaps you could put in a
placeholder URL & filename that can be updated later if it changes?

I could fling a rough draft onto the wiki today, if that would help. It
would be a VERY rough draft, needing new screenshots and probably some
other updates and corrections, and therefore not really suitable for
telling ordinary users about, but it would be a placeholder.

--Jean

I'll just put a placeholder link in the document for now. Should I use http://download.LibreOffice/common/instructions.html or a different address?

Daniel