Docvert 4.0 released

Thanks Jean. Looks interesting. The FAQ are a good read. I don't have a debian or a Ubuntu box, otherwise I would give it a try.

Marc

> This looks interesting. I haven't tried it. I just sent Matthew a note
> asking if it works with LibreOffice as well as OOo. :slight_smile:
>
> --Jean
>
> From: Matthew Holloway<odf-discuss@holloway.co.nz>
> To: ODF Discussion List<odf-discuss@opendocumentfellowship.com>
> Subject: [odf-discuss] Docvert 4.0 released (MS Word to OpenDocument to
> DocBook to HTML)
> Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:51:11 +1300
>
> Hi folks, if you want a publishing system that deals with OpenDocument
> or MS Word then I thought you might be interested in this open source
> software that I've been writing for about 5 years now. It's a web
> service that you can host yourself.
>
> It now supports EMF/WMF files (it converts them to SVG/PNG) and it's
> much faster because it uses OpenOffice in a server-mode, and it has
> unit tests to assert things about document structure throughout the
> conversion.
>
> http://docvert.org/
>
> (if you're on Debian/Ubuntu the easiest install will be to apt-get
> install docvert-openoffice.org and then overwrite /usr/share/docvert
> with the tar.gz download)
>
> Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks Jean. Looks interesting. The FAQ are a good read. I don't have a
debian or a Ubuntu box, otherwise I would give it a try.

Marc

Here is the reply I got when I asked about LibO. :slight_smile:
I pointed him to the location of the .debs (which, though mentioned on
the LibO download page, are not immediately obvious to someone in a
hurry).

--Jean

Great work Jean. Thanks for doing this.

Cheers