From: Michael Wheatland <michaelwheatland@gmail.com>
To: documentation@libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, November 1, 2010 10:32:50 AM
Subject: [libreoffice-documentation] Document Coordinator Volunteer

As mentioned on the LibreOfficewiki there is need for document co-ordinators.
I would be more than willing to help in this respect, I just need to
know the procedure for document development.
Am I right in assuming that not much development is happening on the
LibreOffice front but rather porting from OOoAuthors site?

I have a healthy understanding of the Calc application and would be
happy to take on responsibility for a document related to LibreOffice
Calc.

If I do take on a role in this respect is there a requirement to also
produce the OOo version of the document?

--
E-mail to documentation+help@libreoffice.org for instructions on how to
deleted

Michael,

I have been working on updating the Getting Started Guide and Writer docs and
posting them on the OOoAuthors site. They are ports of the original OOo docs. I
have noticed that the updates I've been working on are not on the wiki. Not sure
if this makes any of the work visable to the LibO team as most would assume that
the latest versions are posted there.

No there is not a requirement for you to produce the OOo version of the doc.
That part is being taken care of by other volunteers.

Ron

Hello Michael,

welcome to the team. :slight_smile:

As mentioned on the LibreOffice wiki there is need for document co-ordinators.
I would be more than willing to help in this respect, I just need to
know the procedure for document development.
Am I right in assuming that not much development is happening on the
LibreOffice front but rather porting from OOoAuthors site?

Yes, you're right, most of the development work is being done at the
OOoAuthors website.

I have a healthy understanding of the Calc application and would be
happy to take on responsibility for a document related to LibreOffice
Calc.

If you want to be responsible for one chapter (or perhaps the whole
book?) it would be good, if you could register yourself at the
oooauthors website as well. Ask here again, that someone (I, Jean or
someone else) can give you the needed rights to see the content that
is not published yet (our so-called "author role").

If I do take on a role in this respect is there a requirement to also
produce the OOo version of the document?

As far as I can tell, there is no such requirement from our side that
you must take over the responsibility for the same chapter for OOo. In
my opinion, this would be easy to do now, but it might become more
difficult, when the two programs diverge more in the future. So it is
up to you, if you want to maintain both versions or not.

Sigrid

Ron,
As there is no process in place for handling LibO files produced or
edited on the OOoAuthors website, and no one has yet taken on overall
responsibility for copying updated files from OOoAuthors to the LibO
wiki, you could do this yourself for the files you are working on.
Jean