Need of a documentation framework for LibreOffice?

Hi Marc,

> Hi all,

[...]

Hi Andreas and documentation team:

The plan is to eventually migrate to a Drupal CMS. I have created a
Drupal site with the Books module that could be used for
documentation. Anyway have a look see and let me know if you would
like some more functionality in any of the modules.

You can find the Drupal test-site at: http://www.parEntreprise.ca

I have created 5 accounts:
Login/pswrds are the same words

LibO1
LibO2
LibO3
LibO4
LibO5

I've tried to use your test site. I've tried to create one book page.
The content appears all in one paragraph, I can't get it to show more
than one. I was using the Editor, so there shouldn't be a need to
insert html-tags like <p> and the like.

Btw, after editing my page, I got the following error message:

warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on
the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the
date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In
case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this
warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
in /home/french/public_html/parentreprise.ca/modules/node/node.module
on line 854.

And, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I wasn't able to see the
content, that was created by Andreas. (I used LibO1, and I guess, he
used LibO5).

Sigrid

Thanks Sigrid and Andreas, I'll check it out.

Marc

Hi Sigrid:

I got the same warning as you did and will work it out. You can now see all other book submissions. It was a permission thingy.

Marc

Hi Marc,

> Hi Marc,

(...)

> I've tried to use your test site. I've tried to create one book page.
> The content appears all in one paragraph, I can't get it to show more
> than one. I was using the Editor, so there shouldn't be a need to
> insert html-tags like<p> and the like.
>
> Btw, after editing my page, I got the following error message:
>
> warning: strtotime() [function.strtotime]: It is not safe to rely on
> the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the
> date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In
> case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this
> warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
> in /home/french/public_html/parentreprise.ca/modules/node/node.module
> on line 854.
>
> And, I'm not sure if this is intentional, but I wasn't able to see the
> content, that was created by Andreas. (I used LibO1, and I guess, he
> used LibO5).

that's right. I got the same error. Now i get another message. If i tried to work
again with my book, i was informed that another member worked on the document.

> Sigrid

Hi Sigrid:

I got the same warning as you did and will work it out. You can now see
all other book submissions. It was a permission thingy.

I don't know Drupal well yet, but i think it doesn't work as we used to. The
documentation team need to upload ODT-Documents to the site and send them to a
workflow (from draft to published with some status between them; e.g for "first
review").

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Marc,

Hi Marc,

(...)

[...]

Hi, it can all be configured to this. The date warning if fixable ... you can just ignore for now. it is Halloween here at the moment and I am in the middle of handing out candies to the little monsters. I am not that familiar with the workflow, but another member of the Drupal team will help out. I will look into this in between "Trick or Treaters"

Sigrid

Hi Sigrid:

I got the same warning as you did and will work it out. You can now see
all other book submissions. It was a permission thingy.

I don't know Drupal well yet, but i think it doesn't work as we used to. The
documentation team need to upload ODT-Documents to the site and send them to a
workflow (from draft to published with some status between them; e.g for "first
review").

I will look into it and see about this. It can be configured to pretty well anything.

Marc

Hi Andrea and Sigrid:

Some of the Drupal Website team members will be taking a closer look into the IA and hopefully we will have a site for you to test try and give comments on what features that you would like to add.

IMHO, it would be great if a documentation member were to join the Drupal team for direct input. We are just at the very start stages of organising and will have some ideas coming through soon.

BTW ... Michael Wheatland has just left a note on the website mailist re: and IA outline that had been proposed by Benjamin Horst a while ago. You could also comment on this as well.

Marc

IMHO, it would be great if a documentation member were to join the Drupal team for direct input. We are just at the very start stages of organising and will have some ideas coming through soon.

Marc,

I would be happy to provide input to the Drupal team, if needed.

- Gabriel

Great Gabriel! We are just at the start of planning out the Drupal site. It will be great to get some direction on the Drupal Website Team. So should I put you down as a member of the team?

We will have a Wiki up soon.

Thanks again.

Marc

Great Gabriel! We are just at the start of planning out the Drupal site. It will be great to get some direction on the Drupal Website Team. So should I put you down as a member of the team?

We will have a Wiki up soon.

Yes, feel free to do so. As soon as some of the infrastructure is ready, I'll begin to make some documentation available and will be able to provide the Drupal team some feedback accordingly.

- Gabriel

Thanks. I will get back to you with more information on the group.

Marc

Hi Marc, *,

i did a quick setup of a Plone4 instance at a server of our German association, so
that we compare this CMS (with which many editors / reviewers of documentation are
familar) with Drupal.

(...)

Some of the Drupal Website team members will be taking a closer look
into the IA and hopefully we will have a site for you to test try and
give comments on what features that you would like to add.

IMHO, it would be great if a documentation member were to join the
Drupal team for direct input. We are just at the very start stages of
organising and will have some ideas coming through soon.

BTW ... Michael Wheatland has just left a note on the website mailist
re: and IA outline that had been proposed by Benjamin Horst a while ago.
You could also comment on this as well.

You can find the new Plone4.0.1-Instance here:
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:9080/LOTest/

I created a first user:
LOTest1
with the user as pswd.

If there is a need for another user, please give me a ping.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi,

(...)

You can find the new Plone4.0.1-Instance here:
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:9080/LOTest/

I created a first user:
LOTest1
with the user as pswd.

If there is a need for another user, please give me a ping.

I opened up a selfregistration on the site.

Regards,
Andreas

Thanks Andreas

It will be nice to compare both. The Drupal team is just now organising. This has given it a little push to get organised and we should be able to get more concrete demos soon. Let us know if there are some functionalities that you would like to see on the Drupal site and then we can compare them to each other. The idea is to reach a consensus as to which CMS will do the best job as well as Website dev member support.

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc, *,

> Hi,
>
> (...)
>
>> You can find the new Plone4.0.1-Instance here:
>> http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:9080/LOTest/
>>
>> I created a first user:
>> LOTest1
>> with the user as pswd.
>>
>> If there is a need for another user, please give me a ping.
>
> I opened up a selfregistration on the site.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Thanks Andreas

It will be nice to compare both. The Drupal team is just now organising.
This has given it a little push to get organised and we should be able
to get more concrete demos soon. Let us know if there are some
functionalities that you would like to see on the Drupal site and then
we can compare them to each other. The idea is to reach a consensus as
to which CMS will do the best job as well as Website dev member support.

i hope, we can get more of the members on this list, that are writing and editing
documentation, involved in this evaluation. We need more input about things, they
have been used to, and things, they like to see in their future documentation
framework. Maybe the answer is not valid for the documentation team and for the needs
of the "rest" documentationfoundation-members. Then we had to decide, if we should
propose the use of two CMS. It should be no issue to set a routing from
libreoffice.org to the documentation site, if we need that.

I hope, we get enough input to think about the best way.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas thanks for the note.

Yes, the communication to the website developers by the documentation members should be very open and frank. I think the people who are going to put up the Drupal site are very willing to cooperate and to build pretty well whatever you wish, if the capability is there.

I think it is too early to propose two cms's but we should take a look and be critical or each Plone and Drupal and see if both can match what they do and after this see if there is support offered by either one of the CMS's to tweak more for what is best to make your jobs easier. Let's take a look at both so that the best option/decision be made.

I'll encourage the Drupal developers to join the document mailist to make things easier.

BTW ... we are getting more offers for Drupal development help so the help will be there. We have a lot of Drupal development people who are eager to get to work on the Drupal site.

Would you know if there is a lot of Plone developer help? We should also keep this in mind too.

Marc

Hi Marc, *,

(...)

Hi Andreas thanks for the note.

Yes, the communication to the website developers by the documentation
members should be very open and frank. I think the people who are going
to put up the Drupal site are very willing to cooperate and to build
pretty well whatever you wish, if the capability is there.

that's fine.

I think it is too early to propose two cms's but we should take a look
and be critical or each Plone and Drupal and see if both can match what
they do and after this see if there is support offered by either one of
the CMS's to tweak more for what is best to make your jobs easier. Let's
take a look at both so that the best option/decision be made.

I'll encourage the Drupal developers to join the document mailist to
make things easier.

+1

BTW ... we are getting more offers for Drupal development help so the
help will be there. We have a lot of Drupal development people who are
eager to get to work on the Drupal site.

Would you know if there is a lot of Plone developer help? We should also
keep this in mind too.

I currently know another member from the German team. We managed the Authors-Website
together. But I had not asked on the website or other lists yet.

In the meantime I created some more demo-stuff. I build inside the same environment a
sub-instance (independent) and a second main instance:

http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:9080/LOTest/LODevelopment
http://pumbaa.ooodev.org:9080/Authorstest

The first is with user selfregistration.

Regards,
Andreas

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is there anyway that someone on the documentation team to sketch out the workflow. You have developed this over a few years and we don't really have a workflow to work with. This would help to demistify workflow.

Marc

Hi Marc,

Hi Marc, *,

(...)

[...]

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is there anyway that someone on the documentation
team to sketch out the workflow. You have developed this over a few years
and we don't really have a workflow to work with. This would help to
demistify workflow.

I'll try to write down our workflow once I'm back home and send the
message to the list. :slight_smile:
Btw, if you want, you can add me to the development team as well. :slight_smile:

Sigrid

Thanks Sigrid. It looks like the Drupal site development is about to go full-tilt. It would be great if documentation members would start a wishlist of features and we will see if these can be implemented.

Cheers

Marc

Hi all,
I am one of the members involved with the website team. The workflow
diagram would be great in order to kick off discussions about
implementation. Also a description of the structure of the
responsibilities and permissions required for doc development would be
great.

This is the time for blue sky dreaming because at this point anything
is possible in the community.

Michael Wheatland (Wheatbix)