Creating new wiki page

Hi again,
Is it just me, or is there some hidden trick to creating a new wiki page.
When one logs in to the wiki, the only choices I see available are "Modify"
or "Rename". Modify brings up the WYSIWYG editor, and Rename, well, does
just that, i.e. renames the page. However, I see nothing that says "New", or
"Create new page". How then does one achieve this ?

Alex

Alex,

Is it just me, or is there some hidden trick to creating a new wiki
page.

As it was common practice in some wikis to first search for the page
you want to create, just put the intended name into the search field.
If the page does not exist, you will be redirected to the "create this
page" input area directly.

Nino
PS: sorry, I again posted a mail with wrong address, so please don't
mind if it comes twice.

Alex,

Is it just me, or is there some hidden trick to creating a new wiki
page.

As it was common practice in some wikis to first search for the page
you want to create, just put the intended name into the search field.
If the page does not exist, you will be redirected to the "create this
page" input area directly.

Nino

Hi Nino,

Thanks for the hint, yes, I remember that trick, but that means that if you
want to translate something, you have to :

1) think of a name for your new document (in line with the rules, i.e. ISO
code/nameofpage)

2) enter this name into the search function, expecting it not to exist so
that the wiki offers for you to create a new one

3) open up a new window in your browser and find the actual page you want to
translate

4) copy / paste the content from that page into your own new document page

5) carry out the translation

6) save and publish

This is not at all very obvious for beginners wishing to help out, and
additionally, I have found it tends to create one hell of a mess, because
people inevitably make mistakes in naming their new document, or forget to
name their document to correspond to the one that they have translated. An
easier solution to this problem would be preferable, but perhaps that is
just wishful thinking on my part. I was kind of expecting a "Create New
Document" button or link to be available, or even "Copy this document to
new" would be good, in order to make the experience a bit less
"developer-like".

Alex

[...]

You are right. However - it's a wiki. So you could just chose an
arbitrary page name, create an interim page and enter all the
translation stuff. If you then ask for help or find a better page name
yourself, the page can be moved to its correct place in the page tree.

An easier solution to this problem would be
preferable, but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part. I
was kind of expecting a "Create New Document" button or link to be
available, or even "Copy this document to new" would be good, in
order to make the experience a bit less "developer-like".

In the OOo Wiki there was a discussion about a "translate this page"
link, which creates the necessary page name automagically - I don't
remember if it was implemented but this would be an idea.

But I think we should wait with the implementation until the
localiziation support is fully implemented as the rules could change
until then.

Nino