Hi all,

currently we have (invalid) draw:fill for header/footer and <loext:graphic-properties> containing draw:fill for paragraphs. And there are several requests to get gradient fill for tables. I would like to make a proposal for the ODF TC. But the solution is not straight forward, therefore I want your opinion first.

I don't like to go the way "<loext:graphic-properties> => <style:graphic-properties> because the latter contains much more things than needed for fill and especially draw:stroke will produce conflicts with fo:border. Therefore I would like to use the set style-graphic-fill-properties-attlist instead.

So I see these possibilities
A) Make a new empty element (<style:background-fill> for example) with ref to style-graphic-fill-properties-attlist. Add the element to style-foo-properties-elements where already the <style:background-image> element exists.

B) Make a new empty element (<style:background-fill> for example) with ref to style-graphic-fill-properties-attlist. Add it as child to <style:style>, bundled with suitable family items. That would result in something similar to the <loext:graphic-properties> for paragraphs.

C) Add a ref to style-graphic-properties-attlist to suitable (without 'text') style-foo-properties-attlist, where already common-background-color-attlist exists. That would result in something similar to the current draw:fill in <style:header-footer-properties>.

What do you think, which way it best?

Kind regards
Regina