On Tuesday 05 of May 2020, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
(FWIW, when -msse2 was discussed for 32-bit Linux x86 in the context of
<https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2016-September/075211.h
tml> "Re: Test File: sc/qa/unit/data/functions/fods/chiinv.fods: fails with
Assertion", it was turned down in replies
<https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2016-September/075324.h
tml> and
<https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2016-September/075316.h
tml>.)

 I think those aren't really relevant here. They're from 2016, and I'm also
not proposing any code change, just the default set by configure.

 And while I didn't say it explicitly, the old-HW argument doesn't hold
anymore either. Anyone not capable of SSE2 has not updated SW for 2+ years,
so they can just as well stick with LO 6.x and not update it either.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak@collabora.com