I downloaded the libreoffice 6.4.0.3 tarball and compiled it and ended up with an error that says a
unit test failed. However, the executable seems to have been built and it comes up when invoked
from the the command line.
What is this error? Can I ignore it and continue using libreoffice or will I run into problems
later? Is this a known issue with known fixes?
I have pasted the relevant part of the build below.
============================
DesktopLOKTest::testGetSignatureState_NonSigned finished in: 563ms
DesktopLOKTest::testInsertCertificate_DER_ODT finished in: 4253ms
DesktopLOKTest::testInsertCertificate_PEM_ODT finished in: 3480ms
DesktopLOKTest::testInsertCertificate_PEM_DOCX finished in: 3752ms
DesktopLOKTest::testSignDocument_PEM_PDF finished in: 2544ms
/home/avan/libreoffice-6.4.0.3/desktop/qa/desktop_lib/test_desktop_lib.cxx:2530:DesktopLOKTest::testTextSelectionHandles
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 1418, 1418, 0, 275
- Actual  : 1418, 1418, 0, 253

DesktopLOKTest::testTextSelectionHandles finished in: 624ms
DesktopLOKTest::testComplexSelection finished in: 1888ms
DesktopLOKTest::testDialogPaste finished in: 992ms
DesktopLOKTest::testShowHideDialog finished in: 913ms
DesktopLOKTest::testABI finished in: 0ms
test_desktop_lib.cxx:2530:Assertion
Test name: DesktopLOKTest::testTextSelectionHandles
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 1418, 1418, 0, 275
- Actual  : 1418, 1418, 0, 253

Failures !!!Run: 50   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

make CppunitTest_desktop_lib CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"
    # for interactive debugging on Linux
make CppunitTest_desktop_lib VALGRIND=memcheck
    # for memory checking
make CppunitTest_desktop_lib DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE
    # for exception catching

You can limit the execution to just one particular test by:

make CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testXYZ" ...above mentioned params...

/home/avan/libreoffice-6.4.0.3/solenv/gbuild/CppunitTest.mk:113: recipe for target
'/home/avan/libreoffice-6.4.0.3/workdir/CppunitTest/desktop_lib.test' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/avan/libreoffice-6.4.0.3/workdir/CppunitTest/desktop_lib.test] Error 1
Makefile:282: recipe for target 'build' failed
-a