Hi Arvind,

[ Please don't drop the list from CC, you may get valuable input from
others. ]

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:22:18PM -0600, Arvind Kumar <arvind.kumar@gmail.com> wrote:
What I'm trying is this: I have created a fontfile with additional
characters (non-standard codes - I use the private user's space of Unicode)
that should get represented in the document when a certain combination of
keys is pressed. This is needed for some Indian languages and the absence
of such a technique is why Indian language computers do not exist.

I have written a few applications using Gtk that achieve the above by
trapping the keypress and keyrelease events. I want to now do this in
LibreOffice so I can use it for my own document creation and printing. My
fontfile shows up in the drop down menu, but I need it to use my glyph in
response to the keycodes sent by a non-standard keyboard (I have a 121 key
keyboard in which I can assign custom HID codes).

If you can tell me which files I need to specifically edit to achieve this,
that would be perfect!

Perhaps what you want is to tweak/extend the code that maps an OUString
to a list of glyphs, the vcl text layout.

GenericSalLayout::LayoutText() at vcl/source/gdi/CommonSalLayout.cxx:286
does that using harfbuzz, I believe standard gtk apps use that at the
end as well.

Regards,

Miklos