On 16.01.20 21:47, David Johnson wrote:

In the meanwhile I have tried installing the libreoffice-dev package -- with success! It turns out
doing this installed all the required libraries/headers needed. Now, the LibreOffice extension
examples seem to compile successfully.

great!

I think that https://api.libreoffice.org/docs/install.html uses the phrase "user installation" to
refer to the non-developer variant of the application in the package repository.

i'm not sure that is true, and have taken a slightly different approach with https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/86987

For an experienced Linux developer this may clear, but I think many people would be helped if this would be
explained a bit more. (Something like: "Install the developer's package of LibreOffice that is present
in the repository of your Linux distribution, or install LibreOffice manually from ... . Examples of
developer's packages on several distro's are: Ubuntu: libreoffice-dev; Fedora: libreoffice-sdk, etc.")

there is already an explanation of that right at the top of that page.