Hi Sajjadur Rahman,

On 07/12/2019 18:44, Rahman, Sajjadur wrote:
Thanks a lot for reaching out and for providing detailed feedback on the
report. All of these comments will help in further augmenting/updating
our report.

        Great.

We are definitely interested in learning more about Calc and
also sharing our ideas on DB+Spreadsheet integration. I am currently
traveling and will send you a detailed response CCing the entire
DataSpread team. We are also cleaning up the repo and the macros and
will definitely share those ASAP. There are a number of valid concerns
that have been raised and need further examination---thanks for pointing
those out.

        Good stuff, I look forward to that. Ultimately I would love to get some
C++ versions of these that we can run in our valgrind test suite:

        https://perf.libreoffice.org/

        Which was created by another heroic voluteer: Markus Mohrhard.

We didn't even get a response from one of the other tools compared in
the report when we reached out to them. So many thanks for taking our
effort seriously and providing important details about Calc.

        Well - you can see the volunteer project cares about performance, is
interested in technical excellence - and of course attracting smart
cookies like yourselves to get involved and help us improve things.

        From a quick skim, I don't see why any of your DataSpread design goals
cannot be achieved on top of calc - they overlap with things we'd like
to do but have no time to get to (modulo discarding the core in favor of
a SQL database =) - but then viewing large databases in Calc is
something that would be rather cool ;-).

        All the best,

                Michael.