On 20/09/2019 13:51, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 20/09/2019 08:54, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
I experience the same, but on a non-scaled (to the best of my knowledge) Windows 8 box.  I initially came up with <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/79065/> "Fix CppunitTest_sw_uiwriter for my Windows build", but see Miklos' comment there.  I haven't yet found out why it behaves differently than it apparently should on my Windows box.

So we pushed that Gerrit change as-is for now, to get builds unstuck.

The problem apparently is the call to

            ::SwAlignRect( aRect, static_cast<SwViewShell const *>(m_pCursorShell),
m_pCursorShell->GetOut() );

in SwVisibleCursor::SetPosAndShow (sw/source/core/crsr/viscrs.cxx), which modifies aRect (SwAlignRect in sw/source/core/layout/paintfrm.cxx says: "adjust rectangle on pixel level in order to make sure, that the border 'leaves its original pixel', if it has to"). On my Linux box that transforms from 1x277@(1473,1750) to EMPTY:0x276@(1475,1750), while on my Windows box it transforms from 1x277@(6287,1418) to EMPTY:0x271@(6290,1420).

Miklos, in light of that maybe you have an idea how to improve your test?