Hi Eike, Regina,

Thanks for the answers.. Solved.

Eike Rathke wrote on 9/4/19 8:26 PM:

How do you re-zip the file?

Let me elaborate. It is far from the first time that I unzip an odf
fully, change something, and then rezip.
Never had any problem. Might just have been lucky :)

Best is to freshen the zip with just the
content.xml to keep the original file order and compression, i.e. the
'mimetype' file MUST be the first entry in the zip archive and MUST NOT
be compressed. So,

  zip -f filename.ods content.xml

should do.

Indeed, that helps. (Notably the Gnome archive manager allows to open
one file to edit and have it refreshed after closing the editor - this
is similar to what Regina writes).

If that doesn't help then it's something different ("invalid
xml" is a vague description).

"The file XXX is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. ..."
The invalid xml notice is something that is shown in the emacs status.
But appears to be a red herring to me now. Especially since that notice
appears without doing anything in the file. Prolly checked against
another xml schema.

Cor

--
Cor Nouws