On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 11:41 AM Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2019-06-05 at 18:00 -0400, Drew Jensen wrote:

Should the Migration Assistant be enabled by default yes, but the
default button on the Dialog box which opens when the connection to
an HSQL datasource is created stays No. I would recommend an
enhancement which is to include a URL to a TDF wiki page (with the
page setup for translation/NL support) which covers Why it should be
done now, and how to perform a migration both with the Migration
Assistant and without.

On this, my patch at https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/73610/ would
add such a link to the migration warning pointing provisionally to the
blank page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/HowTo/MigrateFromHSQLDB
which someone else would have to fill in. Is that the sort of thing you
imagine here ?

Howdy,

Yes, and that page would be setup for native language support, hopefully
drawing folks to translate it.  I'll work with the documentation team to do
that.
Seems like the easiest way to go, to get details to the users as to what
the Migration Assistant (MA) will handle, easily updated as the MA code is
patched during the 6.3 minor release cycles.

Thanks,

drew