On 21.04.2019 0:22, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
1. First of all - do I understand it correctly that the problem is real
- so there are possible scenarios involving e.g. python (or another
process which executable is not in LO's instdir/program), that might
need gpgme?

See above - but even for uitests, the issue might become relevant, so
I see at least no harm in keeping that fix (unless Popen can be fixed
to not have Windows inherit too much parent process attributes).

Just checked with master, that the call to gpgme is avoided now due to
commit 7ac4e48687d7679927f5659e941024445946ffa7 "tdf#118593 sfx2: no
need to call into xmlsecurity without signature streams", which added a
check to SfxObjectShell::GetDocumentSignatureInformation. And thus - I
believe that the patch is indeed useful for the cases where the
signature streams would be present.

It's a pity that buildbots don't run those tests on Windows hosts. And I
suppose that we should introduce such a python test with a document with
signature stream, to properly test this on platforms with substantially
different implementations. (Not volunteering to the task, though,
because of lack of required skills.)

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski