I did replace the strings, but it still doesn't work for reasons I don't
understand. Is it definitely not useful to fix this and keep it around?

Hamish

On 12/02/2019 13:06, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 12.02.19 13:42, Hamish MB via LibreOffice wrote:
I found a broken and disabled test while doing so - load_save_test.py. I
have started an attempt to fix it, and fixed several issues, but I
reached a roadblock when my knowledge of pyUNO and UNO wasn't enough to
finish it. The results of the work so far are at
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/66275/.#

What seems to happen is the test segfaults when loading a file,
seemingly regardless of what that file is - see the comment at line 91.

this isn't and has never been a unit test; it was never enabled in the
build system and won't do anything useful unless you replace the
"FIXME" strings with a real directory first.

i just implemented it in the form of a JunitTest 10 years ago because
it happened to be the most convenient way at the time to round-trip a
bunch of documents.

recently it somehow got translated to a PythonTest, and apparently
that never worked (as you found).

perhaps it's best to just remove the file so people don't get confused.