Hi Rohit,

On 27/01/2019 23:00, Rohit Raj wrote:
I am writing this letter out of great curiosity and eagerness to
present you with an idea. I am willing to apply for GSOC -2019 and I
have been using your Ubuntu -Libre Office and I have checked your
recent Projects, but  I personally feel that your android app of
LibreOffice Viewer needs major changes in terms of UI and UX and I
want to volunteer for the task.

        You're entirely right of course =)

        However - I'm also rather convinced that rather than re-using the
Mozilla/Fennec/Java approach - we should do this work on top of Online -
as we're doing for iOS[1]. This will then allow us to do several things
- particularly writing in Javascript - debugging on a normal Linux
machine and in a normal browser, as well as sharing all of the great new
Mobile UI work with the responsive design of Online.

        If that's interesting to you - I imagine Gülşah would be available to
mentor you - although the code-base is moving reasonably rapidly, so I
think we'd want to have a series of smaller features here. One idea is
to target the mobile-phone UI here are a couple of ideas:

        * make entry drop-downs into full-screen dialogs on Mobile

        * re-purpose side-bars as tools panels for mobile.

        * providing a JS / widget toolkit front-end using the native UI
          welding framework from Caolan.

        Anyhow - just some ideas, would be good to sync. with Gülşah.

        ATB,

                Michael.

[1] - https://adfinis-sygroup.ch/en/blog/libreoffice-on-ios-some-insights/