On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 06:27:48AM -0500, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps 5 years ago, I built it based upon LibreOffice 4.0 using the
following commands in a terminal:

1)  sudo apt-get install git
2)  sudo apt-get build-dep libreoffice
3)  $ git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core
4)  cd core
5)  ./autogen.sh
6)  apt-cache search gnome-vfs
7)  sudo apt-get install libgnome-vfsmm-2.6-dev
8)  ./autogen.sh
9)  ./g checkout -b libreoffice-4-0 origin/libreoffice-4-0
10) ./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mariadb-connector --enable-bundle-mariadb
--enable-gstreamer --disable-gstreamer-0-10
11) make fetch (if autogen.sh ends with an error)
12) make dev-install

Comments: I have also modified /etc/apt/sources.list so that item #2 above
does not cause an error. #7 was entering the result gotten when running #6.
#9 has to be updated to -6-1 from the -4-0. Why was --enable-gstreamer
required in this step?

Probably nobody remembers, LO 4.0 is not supported for a long time.

#12 causes an error message: dev-install is not a
valid target.

Right, these days you don't have to do that manually, you get a
ready-to-run installation set in "instdir" once the build finished.

What changes need to be made in these steps to make this connector? I have
not found an answer to this question in all of my searches.

The mysql connector extension is replaced by the internal mysql Base
driver -- did you try building just master and see if it does what you
need?

Regards,

Miklos