Hey,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 6:14 PM Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com>
wrote:

On 08/12/2018 19:35, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Gandalf is not a CentOS based buildbot but the self-built gcc is now
available under "/opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/bin/gcc" to reduce the
differences between the different buildbots and make it easier to move
jobs between different jenkins VMs. The only difference is that the gcc
is version 8.2 instead of 7.3.

Additionally, I have now also used the same CC and CXX setting for the
random config build bot
(
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=ceb32911f07b63fda074facba377eeb4d5946cdf).

Based on that I think gandalf can be used again for the tinderbox job
and therefore hopefully take a bit of load of the gerrit build machines.

But shared libs and executables built with that CXX, when executed
during the build, will pick up an older libstdc++.so.6 from the system
(and thus fail when they use functionality not present in the old
libstdc++ version), no?

Just to document it here. I have adapted ld.so.conf to contain references
to  /opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/lib and
/opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/lib64. That ensures that always the new
libstdc++ from the gcc8 build is picked up.

Regards,
Markus