On 09/11/2018 11:04, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Thu, 2018-11-08 at 22:19 +0100, Julien Nabet wrote:
I'm not completely sure too but there's no doc about this and putting
an height or a width to a negative value (except -1 to tell it's
uninitialized) seems really weird.
Well, IIRC there was something in some of the msword file formats where
a negative height for something specifies that its a exact height,
which a positive height specifies that its a minimum height (or the
other way around)...

So if negative values can be encountered, let's abandon the assert patch and revert https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=eadba44a0c5dd12989d6b8613d6dd558c94bb4dc since I won't be able to determine the suspicious parts.

Let's just keep 6aa6cb6347575828a9d6955b98f459c7446eca05 "svmconverter value < 0 seem wrong for width and height (vcl/gdi)" since it seemed ok to you.